dish not available
and chicken dishes made
with Marsala sauce are favorites of mine at restaurants. I almost never
shop for wine simply for the purpose of making a dish, but this might
be the exception. However, using some red wine from an already opened
bottle is not a bad compromise. Ideally I would serve this with
some bread, mashed potatoes, sauted greens, or glazed carrots for
total comfort meal.
- 3 T whole-wheat flour
- 3 T white flour
- 1/4 rsp white pepper
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken cutlets (or tenderloins)
- 3 C sliced mushrooms
- 2 T thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 C Marsala wine
- 1/2 C low-sodium checken broth
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- In a shallow bowl, combine glours and pepper. Dredge
chicken in mixture and set aside.
- Lightly coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking
spray and heat on medium-high.
- Add check and satue until lightly brown, d-3 minutes
- Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Add muishrooms and shallots to pan, stire for 1-2
- Add wine to pan and deglaze.
- Reduce beath and add broth, parsley and thyme. Stir
and reduce to half volume.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
224 calories per 4 ounce serving, probably 2 good-sized tenders with
sauce. Only 1 gram of saturated fat per serving and tons of flavor.
With 4 ounces considered a serving of meat, this recipe will likely feed four people.